Friday, October 7, 2011

Oh the diabetes...

I am not even going to try to catch up on what the last year has held for our little clan, because lets be honest my track record with this thing is not great. If I were to be honest with myself, this might be the last time I post for another year. So I will just pick up where I am. Which is pregnant....again. I know. I have lost my ever loving, but here we go again, and as with the last two pregnancies I am revisiting my old friend gestational diabetes. She is not really a friend so much as this hateful shrew that won''t let me eat any bread, but that is how this goes.

This pregnancy I went into it knowing the inevitable and feeling prepared for it, but I threw a wrench in without even realizing it. My doctor quit practicing, so I found a new one, and this guy is like a diabetes hate monger. Like he is on a mission to torture all diabetic preggos. Ok, maybe that is a little dramatic, he just won't let me eat any stinken bread and it makes me cranky. At any rate, he sent me to a high risk OB, who then in turn put me on insulin once a night.

At first, I really felt like I could handle this, but here tonight with this little needle staring back at me I freaked out. I can't do it! Stick myself .....In the stomach....on purpose! I know what you are thinking, because I am thinking it too...suck it up...for the baby.

I just think that I deserve some sort of guarantee that this kid is going to be a doctor, lawyer, or tea party politician. I think I deserve that...right? I mean sticking myself nightly for the next 19 weeks should earn some reassurance that he is going to be wildly successful and love his mommy more than any other person on earth. I am not asking for that much am I?

No comments: