Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Trip taking

As I said in my last post, we took a trip to Texas for a family funeral last month. It ended up being a 12 hour drive, but Sugar Bean did AMAZING! We left late at night after her normal bedtime routine and essentially "put her to bed" in her car seat. She slept the whole way down. If only we could get her to sleep for 12 hours a night at home. I know, I know...in my dreams.

Anyway, that trip I felt really pretty comfortable with. My parents and brother went with us, so I felt like any crisis that came up could be handled by any one of the five of us. However, since it went so well Cugli has decided we can drive to FL to see his mother. I have managed to hold him off this month because after maternity leave I have no vacation time left. Mamma's boy that he is, he agreed to fly his mother up here this month for a long weekend and try and make the trek in a month.

I honestly just don't feel comfortable doing this. I am trying to figure out how on earth I can satisfy Cugli's need to see his Mom, without risking this 12 hour drive with just the 3 of us. I know I am being overprotective, but I just can't kick this feeling that it is not a good idea. Not to mention, it would be a LOT easier for her to fly here with just her, than for us to pack up our whole family to go there. Though the beach is nice, babies come with a lot of stuff.

Does slashing my own tires seem a little extreme?

No comments: