Thursday, July 3, 2008

oh crap

Today started out like most mornings around our house. Cugli got in from work at about 6am, and climbed into bed while I got up to get ready for work. At about an hour later Sugar Bean woke up wanting food NOW. So Cugli being the amazing hubby that he is got out of bed and got her a bottle. Once she was finished with her bottle he dressed her, got her in her seat and followed me out to load her and all her luggage into the car for daycare, closing the door behind him. The following conversation followed:

Me: Thanks hon, stand here with her for just a second while I run back in and get my keys.

Cugli: (enthusiastically) Ok, will do!

Me: oh crap, the door is locked and my keys are inside. Open the garage door and I'll go in that way.

(Garage door opens and I walk to the door inside)

Me: oh crap. This door is locked too. I'll go get the spare from my secret hiding place.

Cugli: oh crap.

Me: what?

Cugli: Well you see, when you asked me to get a key made for the realtor, I sorta forgot and gave him that one. I thought I would go get another spare made, but I might have forgotten to do that too.

In Unison: oh crap.

I thankfully had my cell on me and called my mother to come let us back into our house. She kindly left work and came to rescue our stranded little family standing outside our perfectly cool, and dry house, in the very hot moist air. we managed to keep our 4 month old quiet and content, with only one outdoor diaper change necessary. However, I am afraid Cugli's robe might have opened a little more than our elderly neighbor lady may have wanted it to, but, this is us. take it or leave it.

No comments: