Thursday, April 2, 2009

I did it.

I still can't even believe I am writing this. After months and months of deliberating about what the best choice for our family is, we finally have come to a conclusion.

Yesterday I submitted my two weeks notice to a company I have worked for and loved (until the last 6 months) for 4 years. I was surprised at how much peace I felt. I thought there would be tears shed, and it would be difficult to get out, but when it was all said and done I knew this was God's plan for my family.

I wish I could say that I had solid plans, but I don't. I know that i have a very strong job prospect starting in June, for part time work. If the job in June falls through I am pretty much set that I am going to go back to school and finish out my education degree. Of course, I say all this now, but who knows what will actually end up happening. I like that feeling a lot more than I ever imagined I would. Knowing that there will come a morning very soon where Sugar Bean and I will get up together at 8 and just piddle around the house or the park.

I miss her so desperately. I think this will give me the best of both worlds. I will get to work or go to school part time and get out of the house, but then I will get more time in my day with my beautiful little girl. I feel so blessed today I can harly contain my excitement. Money will be tight, and out living quarters will get a little tighter, but at the end of the day, this is where I should be.

1 comment: