Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shopping

This weekend Cugli and I decided to have date night. We went out to the St. Louis Galleria to have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and to do a little clothes shopping. I of course headed strait for the Lane Bryant store. After seeing their winter catalog I was sure they would have a ton. Little did I know they too have succumbed to the tenting temptation so many plus sized stores fall victim to.

I just don't get it. Why do all these retail people look at a plus sized woman and go...."You know, what why don't we just throw a poncho on her". I tried on every top in the store, and with my broad shoulders I look like the circus has come to town.

So we downtroddenly left Lane Bryant and headed out toward the car when to my suprise I see a store with some bigger looking manaquines. Lets be honest those manaquines are a joke too, but that is another blog for another day. I was so excited to see that finally there might be another option for those of us with a more robust waist line, but much to my dismay you must also have a minimum of 5 facial piercijngs to shop in this store. There was at least one cute dress I found that will be nice for church, but c'mon people... checkered leggings or tents is no kind of option.

1 comment:

JMom said...

Wow - those leggings - just wow. But I would slip you $10 if I came to church and saw you on stage wearing them! :)