Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hello world, It's me Miss Paranoid!

I have always been a very open person. I don't even blink when people ask about my personal life. I don't offer too much information unsolicited, but someone asks me a questions and I can't keep myself from making them uncomfortable with all the unnecessary information I give them about my personal life. I thought this blog would be a great place to relieve this self deprecating need to blurt out too much information, but I find myself being guarded here too.

While I am aware of a few people who read this that I know in my personal life, they are not people I would ever hesitate to blurt with. In fact, unfortunately for them, they are the very people I regularly blurt to. I often think to myself things I would like to say here, but I stall. I worry that I will be judged for my poor writing abilities, or for my openness. I don't fear that I will be disagreed with, In fact I check my comments all the time to get people's advice, and opposing opinions. I just worry that people will think less of me.

I think the answer plain and simple is paranoia. How do people do it? Is it that they know how amazing their writing skills are? Is it that they have confidence in there opinions? Do they know how hilarious they are? Or are they just jumping?

I am young and I hope that confidence comes in time, but I find myself praying less and less for confidence and more and more for the ability to jump without it.

I guess it is just all a part of the progress.

1 comment:

JMom said...

Quit being bananas. You are amazing!
Put it out there and don't look back. Miss you LOTS!