Monday, March 15, 2010

My Baby is turning 2.

Tomorrow is the big day. Sugar Bean will officially be 2 years old. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was leaving the hospital with our new baby girl. Since then A LOT has changed in our lives. She is no longer the only baby, but she is wonderful. I read about a mothers love on another blog recently and I thought she put it incredibly eloquently. "Love does not come in amounts. It cannot be measured...It just is." She has shown me not only what love is, but she has helped me to understand the father's love for me.

I have a long way to go to be the Mommy she deserves, but every day I am striving to learn a little, participate a little more, and I am learning love in such a profound way.

At this point in her life she is:

Very tall and skinny as always. (in the 97th percentile for her height), Beautiful, Charming, She talks like a 4 year old. I mean how many two year old kids would tell you they "prefer" turkey. She hates slowing down long enough to give hugs, but will every once in a while take your face in her hands and pull you in for a HUGE smooch. She still drools, has very little hair, and the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. She loves makeup, and takes chap stick with her wherever she goes. She is a Daddy's girl until she is sad or hurt and then she wants her Mommy. She loves her sister, and hates to see her cry. She is brave, and completely unintimidated by the world around her. She loves to people watch, especially when older kids are around. The best sound in the world is hearing her tiny pounding footsteps as she runs full tilt through the house.

All of these things make her so uniquely and beautifully her. He knitted her together in my womb. He knows her so much better than I could ever begin to scratch the surface. I thank him every day for the opportunity I have to just get a glimpse of the amazing creation he has made in her. Happy Birthday Teagan. You are amazing!

1 comment:

amandamoo said...

This is wonderful! You should take this "letter" to Teagan and put it on one of your new scrapbook pages. What a wonderful gift to her when she is older!