Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Being a good friend?

I have had a few situations lately where I am at a complete loss of what to say when a friend comes to me with issues she is having in her life. I feel like my initial reaction is to ask questions to understand what is going on, but once all the questions are answered, I always find myself at a complete loss of what to say.

Two such occasions have come up where all I want to say is...you grab your gun and I'll get my shovel, but upon further thought I don't think that is necessarily helpful. Then you take the route of offering up the whole, if I were you.... also, not that helpful. I want to be a good friend. I want to listen and comfort, but I am not always sure of the best way to go about it. One thing I do know is that I will be, and have been offering up more prayer than they can handle.

No comments: